Thursday, February 19, 2009

Details on New 41 Story Apartment Tower For West Loop

Elsewhere on this blog someone asked for some information on the surface parking lot at 108 North Jefferson Street.  I answered the question there, but since most people don't spend their time reading all of the comments on this blog, I thought I'd make a separate post for it as well.

These facts are, of course, fluid.  Nothing is concrete until it's built in concrete.  So things may have changed radically, but here's the latest I have on 108 N. Jeff.:

Name: 108 North Jefferson
Stories: 41
Height: 430 feet
Use: Rental apartments
Architect: Solomon Cordwell Bunez
Office space: 93,000 square feet
Retail space: 12,500 square feet
Apartments: 311
Garage: 5 stories
Parking spaces: 246

Naturally a swimming pool and all the usual amenities are planned.

Last I heard this is still in the permitting stage.  Traffic and other studies have to be done first.  If anyone has any better information, post it here.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.180njefferson.com/

    The building will be leased and managed by Draper Kramer (eg DK Living).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Thanks for the link. I'm not a fan of the design. It's a little too neo-classical for the location. I like how most of the new buildings in that neighborhood are glass and white panels. Save the neo-class for Near North.

    Looking at the amenities list, it appears this building is pretty much the same as any other that's opened in Chicago in the last 10 years. I wish someone would do something different.

    Also, the prices are a little high. $1,318 for a 580 square foot studio doesn't make sense when you can sub-lease something bigger nearby with the same community features for $1,200 or less.

    Still -- a run-of-the-mill apartment block is better than a surface parking lot in my book any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On second look, the link I posted above is for another building just up the street which is just completed. Forgive me...

    I wonder how fast they're filling based on their pricing, like you said...

    --LK

    ReplyDelete

You can write a comment about this article below, but that's kind of just a one-way street. For full whiz-bang interactivity, click here to comment on this article at the Chicago Architecture Info Forum.