Friday, July 2, 2010

Frank Lloyd Wright Unity Temple Models

I got a note from Matt today letting me know about his project -- he makes and sells models of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings.

The one he has from the Chicagoland area is the famed Unity Temple out in Oak Park.

If you'd like a model for your desk or shelves, or wherever, you can get more information here: http://www.edificemodels.com/Unity_Temple.html

Other models he has available are the Hollyhock House in Los Angeles, which I almost got to see a couple of weeks ago, and the Darwin Martin House in Buffalo.

In the interest of full disclosure: No, I have not received any compensation from Matt in exchange for mentioning his project.  I just thought his models were cool and would be of interest to the readers of this blog, just like I did when I saw the Lego Sears Tower at an airport gift shop.  I have asked him if he's interested in advertising on Chicago Architecture Info, or any of our other web sites, but have not received a reply as of this writing.  So in short, no -- there was no quid pro quo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write a comment about this article below, but that's kind of just a one-way street. For full whiz-bang interactivity, click here to comment on this article at the Chicago Architecture Info Forum.