Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Slice of Life: The Triangle Sunrooms

At one point in my life I lived in an old paint warehouse that was converted into lofts.  So I'm always interested seeing how other loft conversions are done.  This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time.  It's the old Merganthaler Linotype Building (531 South Plymouth Court), which was renovated in 1980.  The space between two windows was joined by a metal triangular floor, and then the whole thing enclosed in two walls of glass.  Since the whole thing is south-facing, it makes for a great solarium.  I wish I had something like that at my old loft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can write a comment about this article below, but that's kind of just a one-way street. For full whiz-bang interactivity, click here to comment on this article at the Chicago Architecture Info Forum.