- The workers don't have to work weekends for a change as they help ferry the inventory across the street.
- Barney's cosmetics department is going to start carrying Bobby Brown and La Mer. Before now those were considered "lower class" brands relegated to the likes of Bloomingdale's and Saks Fifth Avenue. If you asked for La Mer at Barney's before now (it's really fantastic on sunburns!) you would get a serious sneer, a toss of the hair, and if you're lucky the makeup maid would only walk away from you.
- It's unconfirmed, but we hear that Barney's has joined the ranks of most other large companies and instituted a hiring freeze.
- The inside of the new building's stairwell looks really cool, and there's a picture floating around the internet: http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7065/0903130140web.jpg You can see the Prairie School architectural homage.
- In case you missed it earlier, the new Barney's store opens Thursday, April 16th, 2009.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Bits on Barney's
Here are a few more notes about Barney's New York's move across Rush Street to its new store.